Free 15 Minute Consultation
$100 per 50 minute session
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
The following insurances are accepted:
- Tricare West
- United Healthcare
There are many benefits to self-pay vs. insurance:
- 1.) No diagnosis is required for self-pay clients. While a diagnosis for some can be beneficial, for others it could have its consequences. It could compromise one’s ability to obtain life, health, or disability insurance.
- 2.) Your goals and treatment will be determined by you and the clinician as a self-pay client. When going through insurance, our choices and treatment options may be limited as insurance determines for us what is considered “medically necessary” and could deny a certain diagnosis, number and length of sessions, and treatments.
- 3.) No limits placed on treatment. Due to insurance guidelines, limitations are often placed on your therapy process including, but not limited to, how many total sessions you receive, how many sessions per week, or even how long of session you may have. This does not always align with your treatment recommendations and inhibits your progress.
- 4.) You will have complete privacy. When using insurance, your information (diagnosis, nature of issues seeking counseling, treatment goals, how long the issue has persisted) is all shared with your insurance, anyone involved in processing and handling the claims, and future employers.
- 5.) You can receive the specialized treatment you are seeking with your therapist. Even though your therapist may not be paneled with your particular insurance, it will be more beneficial to your mental health to receive short-term treatment and pay out-of-pocket, than to use insurance, long-term, with a provider that is not trained in your particular concern.
Cash, checks and all major credit cards are accepted as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!